Use this space to post information about job openings that you think JCDL attendees may be interested in.
- Assistant Professor, Catholic University
- Software Engineer Job Open for Immediate Start, for Digital Library work: DC Metro
CACI is engaged in a 5 year contract to help manage digital preservation efforts with a large government agency in the DC area. We currently have tasking that requires us to expand our development team and I thought this group would be a great place to connect with some great candidates.
In the coming year we are planning to prototype a data submission pipeline between a handful of publishers and value-added content providers and the government agency. This is an area where recent hands-on experience, rather than academic qualifications or certifications would count a lot.
Although experience with big-agency and big-project process is desired… we are building a small, agile, prototyping team, and members will be wearing many hats. This is a very exciting opportunity for high-octane techies to join a team that will prototype systems, services, and standards that have the potential to influence and shape the way all the media and publishing industries connect and communicate with cultural heritage institutions such as libraries, archives and museums.
We are looking to add the following to our team, which will be based offsite, in the Washington DC Metro area. Some telecommuting may be possible.
1 Software engineer, lead
I will include a description of the qualifications we are looking for below. Interested parties should send their resume and cover letter to:
Point of Contact: Terry Harrison email@example.com http://www.caci.com
Software Engineer, Lead
- Desire individuals with expertise in B2B, transaction processing Linux, Java, C++, ASP, XML, XSLT, HTML, object oriented analysis, SQL, data modeling, business process modeling, multi-tiered application architecture, web services protocols and tools, application security, integration with legacy client-server systems, and transaction control.
- 5–7 years of hands-on professional experience moving large amounts of data between business entities using emerging technologies and tools, would be desirable. Examples include: B2B industry trading hubs (manufacturing, retail, travel, etc), supply chain automation, protocol-based document or message exchange, specific XML vocabularies as a data transfer format, ETL tools, Web Services implementations, etc.
- Familiarity and facility with Linux, AIX, Solaris and Windows operating systems. A track record of working with iterative software development methodologies that include formal requirements capture, rigorous test plans, system documentation, defect tracking, configuration management and version control.
- Also a proven track record of practical experience and success using formal software development processes and methods (Waterfall, RAD, RUP, XP, Agile, Test-driven Development), and tools (Use Cases, Function Points, Business Process Modeling, Bug Tracking, Version Control, Object Modeling, Data Modeling, Automated System Test Suites, Stress and Load Testing) would be desirable.
Terry Harrison firstname.lastname@example.org Research Analyst CACI